Financial planning is the process of checking your current finances and spending habits and comparing them to your long-term goals. It’s important to note that financial planning is a process, not a product. Financial planning is a method used to wisely manage your finances for your long-term goals, while also considering the various inevitabilities that come up in life. Financial planning quotes have the ability to keep you motivated.
It’s incredibly important to monitor your plan on an ongoing basis so that you can adjust it accordingly to reach your goal. In this article, we’re going to be taking a look at some quotes on financial planning.
Top 15 Financial Planning Quotes That Will Inspire You
Quotes for financial planning are important to keep you in the right mindset for this process. You may be thinking, “Why do I need financial planning quotes?” The answer is that they’re a great way to stay motivated and will help inspire you. I use Personal Capital for a majority of my personal financial planning.
However with the financial planning process, you need to ensure you have outside opinions from a number of different resources. You can find a financial planner that will provide an expert-based opinion of your financial situation.
They’ll help teach you good financial principles such as budgeting, avoiding impulse buying, paying bills ahead of time, balancing your checkbooks and planning for the worst.
So, without further ado, enjoy these 15 amazing quotes on financial planning.
List of Financial Planning Quotes
A number of my favorite financial planning quotes come from outstanding books about financial planning. Our list of financial planning quotes also features a number of different financial freedom books that I encourage you to read.
1. “I believe that the biggest mistake that most people make when it comes to their retirement is they do not plan for it. They take the same route as Alice in the story from “Alice in Wonderland,” in which the cat tells Alice that surely, she will get somewhere as long as she walks long enough. It may not be exactly where you wanted to get to, but you certainly get somewhere.”
2. “In life’s journey, having the ability to predict the future gives us an unfair advantage. If we can understand the laws of cause and effect, anyone can predict the future. What we do today leads us to tomorrow’s destination. Why does this simple truth seem to be difficult for most people to understand?”
― Celso Cukierkorn
See Related: Best Retirement Quotes of All-Time
3. Before you can become a millionaire, you must learn to think like one. You must learn how to motivate yourself to counter fear with courage. Making critical decisions about your career, business, investments and other resources conjures up fear, fear that is part of the process of becoming a financial success.
― Thomas J. Stanley
4. “Whether we make our own money or rely on someone else, many of us would rather pretend our financial matters don’t exist. Or we hope they’ll just take care of themselves somehow. My ex-husband was like that. He always said, “I bank by prayer. I go to the ATM and pray that money will come out.”
― Nancy Levin, Worthy: Boost Your Self-Worth to Grow Your Net Worth
5. “Debt means enslavement to the past, no matter how much you want to plan well for the future and live according to your own standards today. Unless you’re free from the bondage of paying for your past, you can’t responsibly live in the present and plan for the future.”
― Tsh Oxenreider, Organized Simplicity: The Clutter-Free Approach to Intentional Living
6. “To achieve what 1% of the world’s population has (Financial Freedom), you must be willing to do what only 1% dare to do. Hard work and perseverance of highest order.”
― Manoj Arora, From the Rat Race to Financial Freedom
7. “Remember, buying something is not the problem. The problem comes when we believe, for that moment, that the object we’re buying is going to make us happy.”
― Celso Cukierkorn, Secrets of Jewish Wealth Revealed!
8. “Financial fitness is not pipe dream or a state of mind it’s a reality if you are willing to pursue it and embrace it.”
― Will Robinson
9. “Long term thinking and planning enhances short term decision making. Make sure you have a plan of your life in your hand, and that includes the financial plan and your mission.” ― Manoj Arora, From the Rat Race to Financial Freedom
10. “Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.”
― Pablo Picasso
11. “No one has ever achieved financial fitness with a January resolution that’s abandoned by February.”
― Suze Orman
12. “Most people don’t plan to fail, they fail to plan.”
― John L. Beckley
13. “It’s not how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for.”
14. “Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now.”
― Alan Lakein
15. “Know what you own and know why you own it.”
― Peter Lynch
See Related: How to Teach Your Kids About Money
Conclusion on Quotes about Financial Planning
If you’re interested in more inspirational financial planning quotes, just head over to our article about financial freedom.
Or, if that’s not enough, you can always browse our wealth creation tips if you need more financial planning inspiration.
If these quotes about financial planning quotes weren’t enough to motivate you, just break the process down into five easy steps.
- First, just identify your goals. Think broadly about your goals and how you’ll be able to financially achieve them.
- Second, collect all of your financial data. It’s very important to determine how much is coming in, and how much is going out.
- Third, develop an immediate and long-term plan. Make a budget and stick to it.
- Fourth, Put your plan into effect. It’s very important not to stray from it. You need to set realistic goals for yourself so that you’ll be able to stick to them.
- Fifth and finally, monitor and update your financial goals to adjust to your life.
Following these five steps, you may have found out if you’ve reached a ‘money-grown up’ status.
Financial planning quotes can certainly motivate you, but it will be up to you to actually commit to your goals. After you set your goals, you can always look back to these quotes about financial planning to help motivate you.
Success is possible so long as you work hard and shoot for your goals. If you need help with managing everything, you can also check out our section about wealth management resources.
For example, our Swell Investing review tells you how you can passively invest in impact companies.
Millionaire Mob is an early retirement blog focused on passive income, personal finance, dividend growth investing and travel hacking. With both a million rewards points and a million dollar net worth you can live a happier lifestyle.
Subscribe to the Millionaire Mob early retirement blog newsletter to find the best travel tips, dividend growth stocks, passive income ideas and more. Achieve the financially free lifestyle you’ve always wanted.
Join our community of mobsters seeking financial freedom. What are you waiting for?
- How to Evaluate the Difference Between Rich and Wealthy
- Proven Tips for Increasing Your Net Worth
- What Does Minimalist Living Truly Mean