The technological development has revolutionized numerous things including financial services and stock trading. This piece will look at the seven best alternatives to Yahoo! Finance.
7 Solid Alternatives to Yahoo! Finance
Yahoo! Finance is one of the most widely known stock screeners today. However, it lacks a lot of options as well as tools that other applications offer.
Here, we will focus on some of the best alternatives to Yahoo! Finance available today.
Millions of investors can access valuable information about stocks on their own, and they no longer require stockbrokers to help them.
With just a few strikes of their keyboard, investors can research and analyze markets with less hassle.
In turn, this led to the booming of the stock trading apps that offer investors reliable and up-to-date financial information.
With online tools, investors can build better performing stock portfolios through smart diversification and asset allocation techniques.
Several platforms offer capabilities such as charting, news updates, quotes, mobile deployment options and stock visual representation and more.
I’m investing to live off dividends forever. I combine value investing with dividend stocks to achieve optimal financial returns.
You can check out my guide on how to invest for passive income to learn more. It takes 5 seconds to download and get started.
With a majority of these apps, all you need to get started is to visit their website and navigate through it effortlessly. You can pair your investing accounts with Personal Capital to ensure you are tracking your dividends and investment allocation for free.
Beyond that, you also need some investing new sources that will help you invest smarter.
Before we explore the alternatives to Yahoo! Finance, let’s first find out more information about the platform.
Yahoo! Finance Overview
Yahoo! Finance takes the lead when it comes to the most used financial websites. This site is among many other sites that offer stock quotes, financial market news as well as the general business news.
Having been developed shortly after Yahoo!’s debut in 1994, Yahoo! Finance has evolved from being an on-premise application to being deployed through mobile devices.
Features of Yahoo! Finance
- Financial Information Quotes – The objective of this site was to offer investors the current financial information that helps them make informed decisions regarding investments.
- Excellent User Interface – The site has a better look and user interface as compared to similar apps.
- Customized Views/Tables – The platform lets the user customize views and tables for better analysis.
Pros of Yahoo! Finance
- Organized Homepage – The platform consists of a is a well-structured homepage that is easy to maneuver.
- Fewer Drop-down Tabs – This feature makes it easy to navigate and that so it favors even novice investors.
- Free Information – The Yahoo! Finance site offers free information while numerous other similar applications charge a monthly subscription for related information.
- Offers Financial History of Individual Stocks – Yahoo! Finance helps the user check dividend history and calculates returns manually.
Cons of Yahoo! Finance
- Cluttered Market Page – The site only displays a few recently viewed indices and stocks which is cluttered with a lot of pop-up ads and sponsored content.
- Limited Screener – Yahoo! Finance page has a limited number of criteria and ranges. Also, it is difficult to compare the stocks in the site against each other like in other similar apps.
- Basic Heat Map – The platform has a limited number of heat maps, and the visualizations don’t have the basic interactive features.
- Aggregated News Only – Users have to rely on the news only since the site does not offer any additional information regarding the quarterly reports or the SEC Form-4 filings.
- No Portfolio Charts – The platform provides no performance charts or any other visualization for portfolios and watchlists. The site has few charting capabilities compared to other similar apps.
Yahoo! Finance is an excellent application with great features and benefits. However, it also has numerous limitations that make it lack the professional appeal that investor’s desire.
This can push them to seek other Yahoo! Finance alternatives which is why I have put together this list.
So, without much further ado, let’s dig in.
7 Reliable Alternatives to Yahoo! Finance
1. Google Finance
Launched in 2006, Google Finance is among the best alternatives to Yahoo! Finance. Both Google and Yahoo! Finance are free to users.
Investors have relied on Google Finance to monitor their portfolios, read news and view real-time stock charts.
Both Yahoo! Finance and Google Finance are excellent platforms that offer overall financial market information, investment data, and stock quotes.
Google Finance re-launched in 2017, and you can access the new Google Finance at google.com/finance.
Features of Google Finance
- Markets – Google Finance platform offers investor information regarding specific markets such as world markets, United States markets and more.
- News – Investors can read the latest local market and world news and top stories from various sources.
- Portfolio – The users can access their stock portfolios and watchlists.
- User Interface – Google Finance platform is easy to use, and so users can navigate it with less hassle.
Pros and Cons of Google Finance
- Google Finance is free! The platform is easy to use, and users can access it on the web, desktop and via mobile devices.
- Google Finance relaunched and has lost some of its former useful features. For example, it has dropped its ability to download the portfolio of the investors and their historical tables.
2. Motley Fool
Another best Yahoo! Finance alternative is the Motley Fool. Founded in 1993, Motley Fool offers stock investors tools to help them in investments.
The platform is a flagship product of two brothers Tom and David Gardner and is based in Virginia Alexandria.
Core Features of Motley Fool
- Performance Tables & Charts – The platform has a performance section which is rich in data. The tables and charts offer recommendations. The user can drill down on the data points to get a page with more information about stock fundamentals, recent news, and dividend calculator and more.
- Premium Research Reports – The platform offers premium research reports that help the stock advisor. These reports cover the macro trends and industries that may impact the new and existing recommendations of the stock advisor.
- Premium Articles – Also, the stock advisors can access the premium articles. You can access the articles when you click on your watchlist.
- Stock Screener – Investors also can access the stock screening feature. The user can sort for the asset class, market sector, dividend yield, and stock price volatility.
- Premium Discussion Boards – The discussion boards cover topics such as investing strategies, investing basics and personal finance.
Motley Fool Pros and Cons
- The Motley Fool offers professional advice from the successful Motley staff.
- The platform offers a 30-day money back guarantee if you don’t like the platform.
- The users of Motley Fool must pay to access the services of the platform.
Try using our link for an exclusive offer of only $19/month when you sign up.
Finbox.io is yet another one of the most reliable alternatives to Yahoo! Finance and the best alternative stock screeners. The platform is ideal for investors and traders who are focused on quantitative and fundamental analysis.
The platform is user-friendly and focuses on two categories which include analyzing stock fundamentals and developing stock ideas.
Core Features of Finbox.io
- Stock Screener – Finbox.io has a powerful stock screener that offers a vast range of fundamental and valuation-based data. The user can filter the stocks to suit their specific criteria. The screen results page displays the investments that match the filtering and a quick overview of their performance.
- Ideas – The platform also has an ideas section which is a useful tool used to generate new stock ideas based on what prominent investors hold currently. With a search bar, the user can find curated portfolios based on stocks within a particular industry or high-dividend stocks.
- Data Explorer – Finbox.io offers users a data explorer feature to help them evaluate the fundamental data for any stock.
- Financial Model Templates – The platform provides users with the ability to create custom financial models using the Google spreadsheet and Excel add-ons.
- Pricing – Users must subscribe to access the Finbox.io platform. The prices range from $39 per month, or $29 per month for a quarterly subscription, or $25 per month annually. The users get a 30-day trial for $1.
Pros and Cons of Finbox.io
- The user gets a wide range of available fundamental data for stocks.
- With the ideas section, the users get a fair value analysis of portfolios from significant investors.
- The individual stock pages provide users with great comparative insight into the value of a stock.
- Limited number and diversity of financial model templates that are available currently.
- Little support for fundamental technical analysis including the moving averages.
- Users must pay to access the Finbox.io platform.
[maxbutton id=”6″ url=”https://millionairemob.com/finbox” ]
4. MSN Money
MSN Money is my next pick and one of the best Yahoo! Finance alternatives. Designed by Microsoft, MSN Money is another excellent financial website.
The platform provides the users with real-time stock quotes, financial planners, calculators and tools that help them in solving their financial needs.
MSN Money Core Features
- Financial Quotes – MSN Money has a quotes feature where users can find a lot of data including the underlying price, market cap, range, beta, yield and PE under their different tabs. Therefore, you can access all the necessary data in a snapshot.
- Additional Content – The site offers content on related topics, such as careers, real estate, and small business.
- News – The news list is yet another critical feature. When looking up stock on MSN Money, you can easily and quickly view the numerous news list and their sources. The feature offers the user the general news as well as news on specific companies.
- Charting – Charting feature of the MSN Money is appealing to the eye. The site offers at least three visual graphs as well as six fixed timeline. A timeline helps in choosing the time window. Additionally, the platform represents similar functionalities in the right way.
- Easy to Use User Interface – MSN Money website is easy to use and has a perfect user interface. If you click on a portfolio, the site opens a new window automatically.
- Portfolio – You can easily monitor your portfolio with an account and even get multiple account representations. Moreover, you can track all your transactions.
- Mobile Deployment – MSN Money has a clean mobile version with less screen space.
- Pricing – The platform is free. You can as well use any email to monitor your portfolio and watchlist.
Pros and Cons of MSN Money
- The site offers markets and stocks tracking in real-time.
- The platform is ad-free, and it has no pop-up ads.
- The platform provides other useful tools, such as a retirement planner, dividend calculator, stock calculator, mortgage calculator, and savings calculator.
- The user can get the market sectors analysis, including the price-earnings ratios, high dividend yields, and market capitalization.
- Duplicate content on the drop-down menus especially commentaries and articles.
- Aggregated personal finance content from around the web.
Morningstar also comes in handy when looking for alternatives to Yahoo! Finance. The platform shows additional information including the competitors and even comprehensive financials.
Features of Morningstar
Some of the features of the Morning Star include:
- Quote- If you scroll down, you can easily access and read the financials. The site offers excellent data including data about industry and sectors.
- News- The site provides the latest news data which is exclusive to official financial news aggregators including PR Newswire or NewsWire.
- Charting- With the charting capabilities, the user enjoys functionalities such as the chart comparison.
- User Interface- The user interface is superb and easy to use.
- Cost- Morningstar offers a free plan. However, you must subscribe to unlock extra advanced features.
- The portfolio management is not easy to use, and the interface is a bit wanting
- You have to subscribe for the premium plan to unlock additional features.
- The site is not supported in mobile devices
Barchart is an attractive option for those looking up for alternatives to Yahoo! Finance. The platform offers stock information mostly designed for the technical traders. The platform provides a rapid market overview and helps the user research stocks, option, forex, futures, and cryptocurrencies.
Features of Barchart
Some of the core features of Barchart include:
- Quote – The platform offers an alert function, and the standard data points are present.
- News – When it comes to delivery of updates, the news feature provides latest news alerts from the conventional financial news aggregator.
- Charting – The visual representations are excellent when compared to similar apps. However, the site does not offer comparison capabilities to understand changes like growth over time.
- User Interface – The platform has menus, and charts which are pretty easy to use.
- Portfolio – The site offers portfolio support. However, the price for a transaction requires both an entry and an exit price which is a bit confusing.
- Mobile Deployment – The platform does not include a mobile app deployment option.
- Cost – The app is free though with the option for a paid service
Pros and Cons of Barchart
- Barchart offers a free version that gives traders almost full access to the platform.
- The platform provides essential data in regards to stocks, ETFs, futures, forex, options, and cryptocurrency
- Remarkably versatile technical charts.
- Advanced options screener.
- Incredible financial news aggregator.
- The stock screeners are somehow light in regards to technical parameters.
- The affluence of information can prove overwhelming.
- The stock update is slower and more incomprehensible than that of dedicated news services.
Investing.com is yet another one of the best alternatives to Yahoo! Finance. The platform is an internationally-based platform launched in 2007.
While initially built as a forex platform, Investing.com, later diversified to other multiple investment categories such as bonds, stock, options, futures, cryptocurrencies, currencies, and commodities.
The platform is available in a web version, as well as for iOS and Android mobile devices. Investing.com platform offers streaming quotes, extensive chart capabilities, technical data, as well as financial news & analysis.
Features of Investing.com
Some of its features and pros include:
- Financial Quotes – The site offers outright financial information, and the user doesn’t have to do guesswork with this platform.
- News – Investing.com only offers financial-related news and does not give any other type of stories which may be of little interest to the individual investors. There are fewer ads on the website as compared to the other sites.
- User Interface – The user can navigate the site with ease. The platform has detailed tools and information.
- Deployment Options – The user can access the platform on the web and in mobile devices.
- Similarly to Yahoo! Finance, Investing.com comprises a considerable amount of sponsored content on the homepage.
- The site seems a little inactive.
Conclusion on Alternatives to Yahoo! Finance
Yahoo! Finance is an excellent app for financial information and investors. However, it has a few drawbacks, and that is why I have listed a few other reliable alternatives to Yahoo! Finance that you may find helpful.
Do you find this Yahoo! Finance alternatives list useful? Let us know in the comments below.
Other Related Resources
- Understanding the Financial Issues of Dinks (And How to Avoid Them)
- Robo-Advisor Comparison: Wealthsimple Vs. Betterment Vs. Wealthfront Vs. M1 Finance
- 13 Best Books on Passive Income: Advance your Earnings Knowledge
Subscribe to the Millionaire Mob early retirement blog newsletter to find the best travel hacking tips, dividend growth investing, passive income ideas and more. Achieve a financially free lifestyle you’ve always wanted.