Saving energy means saving money. These are absolute must-have energy saving products every home needs to have.
Top 11 Energy Saving Products Every Home Needs
Electricity bills can take a toll on your monthly bills and cost you significant amounts of money. Finding the right energy saving products for your home can significantly reduce your monthly energy bills and save you some money.
Why you should save energy in your home
I love conserving natural resources because it saves both money and the environment. It’s a win-win all around.
Our overall consumption of power in the U.S. has been relatively flat (believe it or not). There really hasn’t been the deployment of a large power consumer that will change that (yet).
There will be something that will get invented consumer more energy and natural resources. Some people suggest that it could be electric vehicles. Whatever that is, you need to position yourself for savings in the future.
Some of the products we use in our homes use a lot of energy and therefore its always prudent to change them to more efficient and money saving devices.
The primary sources of the high energy bills come from the cooling and heating appliance. It’s approximated that every home has an average of 65 gadgets that consume power sometimes even when turned off.
Hey Personal Capital, can you track energy savings for me?
I’m a big believer that this will be crucial for our future as we move to an electrify everything mode.
There are several categories of products that can save energy and natural resources in your home:
- Smart meters
- Chargers for your various mobile devices
- Alternatives to heating and cooling
- Leak detectors (these are very cool, they can save you a lot of money!)
Millionaires certainly look for the most effective ways to save money because it allows them invest more to make your money work for you. Follow these other money hacks by millionaires.
For this reason, it is vital to ensure that you get smart energy saving products that will minimize this power consumption.
List of Best Energy Saving Devices Available
When choosing energy conserving items for a house, one ought to be careful and conduct enough research to ensure they get it right. Why not invest in saving money?
You can do so by positioning yourself with the best energy saving products to save money in your house. If you practice minimalism, you naturally consume less. You can consume even less by using energy efficient devices in your home.
Your personal financial plan will thank you.
In this article, we will be looking at the top 11 energy saving products that every home needs.
AM09 Hot & Cool Jet Focus Fan Heater by Dyson- at $435.87 in Amazon
The AM09 Hot and Cool Jet Focus Heater by Dyson is the first thing that comes into my mind when I think of a home heater. The product is double-functional meaning that it can be used to heat or cool your house. This excellent heating and cooling gadget come with unique features that help you save energy. Those features include:
- Year-round use: A fast and efficient way to heat your whole room during winter and an effective means to cool you down in summer using a powerful fan.
- Uses Patented Air Multiplier technology that effectively cools or heats the room evenly and fast.
- Use of Intelligent thermostat to monitor your room’s temperature.
- AM09 other features include a sleep timer, Quiet Mark accreditation, precise, energy efficient heating and more.
AquaDance 7-inch Premium High-Pressure, 3 Way-shower head- $34.99
Being one of the best energy-saving shower heads, AquaDance is a 7-inch high pressure with 3-Way Rainfall Combo feature. The shower head offers rain shower heads & 6-setting hand shower individually or together. The product meets all the compliance standards, and it’s efficient and energy saving. Features include the following:
- Premium 6-setting 7″ showerhead,
- 7-inch face, rub-clean jets, and angle-adjustable.
- Easy to install within minutes using three hand-tight connections, and does not need to involve a plumber.
Power saving LED bulbs- A21, Omni-directional, Ceramic LED Light Bulb– $49.99
LED light bulbs are excellent energy efficient products for your home. If the bulbs you are using are still the regular ones, changing to LED lighting is the best option. You will save a significant amount using the LED bulbs.
The above-LED light bulb is a product of SANSI that costs $49.99 and comes with the following features:
- 27W (250 Watt Equivalent), 4000 Lumens and 5000K Daylight,
- E26 Medium Screw-base Floodlight Bulb & Home Lighting,
- Non-dimmable and SANSI (2 PACK)
- Longer lifespan of up to 100,000 hours
Smart thermostats – Nest (T3007ES) Learning Thermostat- Price: $218.00
There are various energy-saving gadgets for the home, and smart thermostats are just a few of them. Nest (T3007ES) Thermostat is a smart gadget that uses some in-built sensor & GPS data from the family members’ smartphone to detect when you are in or out. The thermostat can adjust the temperature levels automatically depending on your needs as it learns and monitors your habits. Some features of this device include:
- Temperature Control for each Room in the House,
- Stainless Steel (Third Generation) and Works with Alexa device for voice control
- Third generation Nest Learning Thermostat for energy efficiency
- Offers both digital and analog clock face.
The shower head is one of the various energy saving products that can save you some money on electricity bills.
Some specs that distinguish this device from others include:
- Energy Saving LED Lamps
- Stainless steel with a chrome finish that has a bright & sleek look.
- 304 110V~220V
- Simple Installation with mounting accessories
This shower head is a product of LightInTheBox and is available on Amazon at a price of $345.99
Shower Smart Meter- Moen U TS3302TB Shower Smart Home- $345.00
Connected Bathroom Controller, 2-Outlet Digital Wall Mounted,
Moen U Shower Smart Home is one of those smart energy saving ideas that can bring significant change to the amount of energy you use. The product has attractive features that simplify your energy saving efforts. Since a lot of energy is lost through water heating on the shower, you can now control that by this smart shower meter.
- Double outlet Digital Wall Mounted,
- The current model features three means of controlling your shower including, phone, voice, and controller.
- Amazon Alexa remote control & U smartphone apps by Moen
Frigidaire FGRC1044T1 Cool Connect 115V 6,000 BTU Air conditioner- $241.79
Different appliances and electronics in our homes take a lot of energy, and Air conditioners are just but one of them. Having that wrong appliance or electronic can strain you in the electricity bill, and thus a change to Energy Star smart appliances can go a long way to save you money.
One smart energy efficient appliance is Frigidaire FGRC1044T1. Some of its capabilities include:
- Enables you to cool your house only when you are in the house,
- The Wi-Fi connected Frigidaire FGRC1044T1 allows you to create a 24-hour plan and can control it remotely using Frigidaire iOS and Android App.
- The component has 3-fan speeds & 2-way slanted louvers
- The FGRC0644U1 unit delivers 6,000 BTUs ideal to cool up to 250 square feet room.
Although it may not be known to many, cellphone & computer chargers, consume constant power when plugged in, whether in use or not. Eco chargers will save you the hassle of unplugging the chargers every time.
An Eco Charger turns itself off whenever the devices you are charging are fully charged. This will save you some money at the end of the month on the electricity bill.
An example of a great eco charger is the Ceasons QI Wireless Charger that costs $11.99 on Amazon with free shipping.
Contains various models that include:
- 7.5W Wireless Charging pad-Compatible with iPhone models such as Xs MAX/XR/XS/X/8/8 Plus
- 10W-Compatible with Galaxy Note 9/S9/S9 Plus/Note 8/S8
- 5W- All Qi-Enabled Phones-No AC Adapter
Thermal Leak Detector
Even with the best energy efficient products for your home sometimes the cooling and heating of your house may take more energy due to leaks in the house. That’s why a thermal leak detector is one of the energy-saving gadgets for the home that you must have.
A good example of a thermal leak detector gadget is the BLACK+DECKER TLD100 that helps you save up to 20% on heating & cooling costs. This device is a product of BLACK+DECKER and will help you detect heat and air conditioning is leaking points. Some key features include:
- Contains infrared sensors that help you measure the surface temperatures
- Helps homeowners track down power-draining drafts
- Comes with a 5-step guide on how to fix basic energy leaks.
- Two-year warranty
The product costs $35.36 on Amazon.
These devices enable you to switch off as many as six connected devices from a remote switch. For example, when you turn off your TV, you don’t require that game system or your streaming media player on.
The energy conserves switch allows you to turn them off from a remote switch even from 60 feet away. Belkin 8-Outlet Conserve Switch with Remote is a great energy saving gadget that will help you with that and costs $35.39 on Amazon.
Features of the Belkin smart plugs include the following:
- 1,000 joules of surge protection
- Surge Protector, 4-Foot Cord & Remote,
- Switch off as many as six connected devices
- Two Ever-On Outlets
Sengled Smart LED Bulbs
Sengled LED bulbs are among the many money saving devices that will give you more than just saving on your bills. They also come with installed stereo systems, security cameras, and an in-built Wi-Fi repeater. Sengled Smart LED Multicolor, A19 Starter Kit is an example of these bulbs and costs $63.99 on Amazon.
The kit includes:
- 60W Equivalent Bulbs
- 2 Light Bulbs & Hub,
- RGBW Color and Tunable White 2000-6500K,
- Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant
Conclusion on Energy Saving Products for Your Home
I believe that from this article, you can now be able to identify the best energy saving products for your home. These things can make your home more appealing for a sale down the road. You save money along the way.
If you are out looking for a home, look for these products in your home buying process.
There is one thing about saving money. If you save it now, it will save you later. These products are a great example of putting your money to work just like investing. You put upfront cash and you get a return on your investment (through energy savings). What’s not to love about that?
I don’t mind putting money into something that will give me continual savings into perpetuity. These products are proven to save you money over time.
Depending on the product, this is like making money for doing nothing. You just buy a product and install it.
Here are some other ways to make money for doing nothing.
Why not invest to save money? It’s like normal investing. You get a return for your upfront cash.
What are your favorite energy saving products? Let us know in the comments below. We’d love to hear from you!
- Best Cashback Apps to Save You Money
- Monthly Expense Calculator: Save on Routine Expenses
- 19+ Personal Financial Ratios to Help Your Finances
Subscribe to the Millionaire Mob early retirement blog newsletter to find the best travel hacking tips, dividend growth investing, passive income ideas and more. Achieve the financially free lifestyle you’ve always wanted.